Resources to learn and grow as church together
Resourceful Servants has developed a set of resources for the further development of your financial acumen. Provided here are several suggestions as you seek to make a deeper dive into financial wellness. Explore these resources to help you strengthen your financial leadership for yourself and to help others.
Research Literature and Findings
Learn more about research conducted on financial counseling:
- The Process and Effectiveness of Financial Counseling
- The Experience of Financial Counseling
- Research Literature on Financial Counseling:
- Barron, J.M. & Staten, M.E. Is technology-enhanced credit counseling as effective as in-person delivery
- Clancy, N. & Carroll, S.J. (2007). Prebankruptcy credit counseling
- Collins, J.M. & O’Rourke, C. (2012). Still holding out promise: A review of financial literacy education and financial counseling studies
- Mahoney, K. (Ed.). (2013). A handbook on educational debt and vocations to religious life.
- McRobbie, M. (2017). Fixing student debt: A common-sense approach. The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Roll, S. & Moulton, S. (2016). The impact of credit counseling on consumer outcomes: Evidence from a national demonstration program.
- Staten, M. & Barron, J. (2006). Evaluating the effectiveness of credit counseling. Phase one: The impact of delivery channels from credit counseling services.
Communications Pieces and Images
This section contains an electronic repository of the resources provided to Resourceful Servants implementation partners:
- Financial Counseling Booklet for Candidacy Partners
- Financial Counseling Booklet for Participants
- Financial Counseling flow chart
- Achieve Financial Wellness infographic
- Your Neighbor’s Financial Wellness infographic
- Congregational Financial Assessment Resource Booklet for Congregations
- Congregational Financial Assessment Resource Booklet for Synods
- Congregational Financial Assessment Infographic